Graduation Application Information
When to Apply for Graduation
Before applying to graduate, check your degree audit on Student Self-Service, meet with your faculty advisor, and ensure that any outstanding course work "in progress, pre-registered, or registered" will be completed before the graduation date. The application should be submitted before the graduation deadline, check CEI Calendar for graduation deadlines.
How to Apply
- Go to the Application for Graduation
- Make sure to fill in all the fields and print your application(s) when finished.
- If you want more than one certificate for another program/certificate/degree you must fill out the Application for Graduation for each certificate/degree (program) and pay the $15 fee.
- Turn in your signed applicaton(s), by the deadlines listed on CEI's Calendar, to the Cashier's Office along with $15 for each Application for Graduation Fee you submit. (This pays for your degree/certificate and cover). Additional $15 late fee if submitted after deadline (Fees are non-refundable)
- If you are late making Application for Graduation your certificate/degree could be held until the next graduating semester/term.
- Name Change
- Address Change: It is the responsibility of the graduate to keep their address up to date with Student Service AND Registrar in order that certificates will be mailed to a current address.
- Students in programs (i.e. Surgical Technology, Practical Nursing, and Registered Nursing) that require affidavits will not have affidavits sent until the Application for Graduation process is complete (i.e. Exit Counseling for Financial Aid, fees owing according to the Business office).
Information on Vice President's and President's Honors
Honor Cord: Students completing all of their course work based on their cumulative GPA at designated date are eligible to wear a cord.
- Silver Cord: Cumulative GPA 3.50 to 3.749
- Gold Cord: Cumulative GPA 3.75 to 4.0
Refers to actually receiving a degree or certificate from College of Eastern Idaho after you have satisfied all requirements. Graduation certification begins after final semester grades are posted and continues until certificates/degrees are printed and mailed the 6th week after the end of the semester/term.
Is a ceremony and opportunity for students, families, friends, and College of Eastern Idaho community to celebrate their academic accomplishments. Participation in the ceremony or listing of name in the Commencement Program does not mean you have graduated and you will not receive your diploma or degree on that day. You will only receive your certificate/degree cover at the ceremony.
Office of the Registrar
Rae Lynn Patterson
(800) 662-0261 ext. 5361
(800) 662-0261 ext. 5476
(800) 662-0261 ext. 5362
Secure Fax (208) 525-7026