Machine Tool Technology
The Machine Tool Technology Program at CEI will provide training to prepare entry-level employees to operate machine tools such as mills, lathes, computer numerically controlled (CNC) machine tools, precision measuring tools, and related attachments and accessories to perform machining functions. This will include tasks such as cutting, drilling, shaping, and finishing products and components. Graduates will understand CNC terminology, setup, programming, operations, troubleshooting, blueprint reading, CAD/CAM systems, and applicable regulations and laws.
For more detailed information: Machine Tool Admissions Handout
What Jobs Can I Get?
- CNC Programmer
- Machine Maintenance Mechanics
- Machine Operator
- Machinery Manufacturing
- Machine Shops
- Tool Rooms
- Transportation Equipment Manufacturing
- 3D Printing Tech
How Long Will it Take?
ASSOCIATE OF APPLIED SCIENCE DEGREE
4 semesters (2 years)
2 semesters (1 year)
Why Machine Tool Technology at CEI?
- Low Cost
- Great Value
- Small Class Size
- Hands-on Training
- Individualized Services
What CEI Offers Business & Industry
- Classroom and laboratory equipment and facilities
- Prepare students to quickly advance into areas such as interpretation of drawings, proper measurement, design adaptation, computer numerical programming
- Sustainable local workforce
- Direct input into the training of entry-level employees for your business