Dual Credit for Instructors
Welcome, to the College of Eastern Idaho Dual Credit Program. We are happy you are deciding to teach with us. Below is an overview of the process to onboard with us.
All Dual Credit high school teachers wishing to teach with CEI will be on-boarded as adjunct faculty and will be invited to in-services to incorporate them into the college community. They will be assigned college mentors to partner with Dual Credit Instruction. They will be invited to Professional Development opportunities on our campus. They will have a site visit by the mentors at the beginning of each school year and 2 other interactions throughout the school year. They will have a CEI email, log-on, and access to campus resources such as the library and tutoring center for Dual Credit student classes. We will be paying the high school campus Dual Credit teachers $20 per credit per student.
- Gen Ed Gold Standard:
- Master’s degree in the DC field
- Gen Ed Flexible Gold Standard
- Master’s in a related subject + 18 graduate credits in the DC field
- CTE Gold Standard
- Be CTE certified with the state of Idaho
- Have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
- Have either an industry certification (ex. RN) or CTE endorsement in the CTE field of instruction
If you are interested and meet the minimum qualifications, please send the following documents via email to get the process started.
- Cover Letter of intent
- Unofficial College Transcripts
- Letter of endorsement from the Principal
- (For CTE teachers) Copy of CTE endorsements and/or industry certification
Once we identify qualified DC teachers at your schools, we will contact the Teacher with approval and create the District/HS Partnership Agreements and get the ball rolling.
DISCLAIMER: As of August 1st 2015, The State Board of Education policy IIIY changed stating that all high school advanced opportunity credits earned as of the 2015-2016 school year, must be purchased within 2 years from the completion of the course or postsecondary exam (when applicable).
As of March 2016 The State Board of Education policy IIIY changed stating that credits are granted by the post-secondary institution for which the agreement is with and are transcribed at the time the student enrolls at the postsecondary institution.
For all courses taken prior to the 2015-2016 school year, College of Eastern Idaho will honor the prior policy stating all credits earned prior to 2015 must be purchased within 3 years from the time of graduation.
2015 graduates – Your potential college credits expire 5-31-18.
Advanced Opportunities Office
Building #3 Room 334
Fax (208) 524-3007
Region 6 Dual Credit Coordinator
Region 6 Transition Coordinator
- Advanced Opportunies Flyer
- Associate of Arts Journey
- Associate of Science Journey
- CATEMA Teacher Grade Guide
- College Cost Comparison Chart
- Concurrent Enrollment Form
- Credit Request Form
- Dual Credit Journeys (2018-2019)
- Dual Credit Tracking Form
- Guidelines for Dual Credit Accommodations
- SkillStack & Career Atlas Lesson Plan