Financial Aid


Appeal Procedures:

Appeal in writing to the Financial Aid Committee and explain any mitigating circumstances that you feel caused the inability to meet minimum standards.

General Appeal:

  • To be used in situation of medical hardship, death in the family, emergencies, and other extreme circumstances
  • To be used by students who correct financial aid eligibility by attending a semester without financial aid assistance

Maximum Credit Appeal:

  • To be used when a student reaches the maximum time frame allowed by Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
    • Maximum time frame for an Associate Degree is 96 credits
    • Maximum time frame for a one-year certificate is 48 credits

Special Circumstances Appeal:

  • To be used by students or parents of dependent students who have loss of income
    • Loss of income could include the following:
      • Loss of employment
      • Death of a parent
      • Divorce of parent(s) or student
      • Extraordinary medical expenses

Request for Adjustment:

  • To be used when a student desires to request or reject one of the following:
    • Grants
    • Work-study
    • Loans

Request for Unsubsidized Loan:

  • A student with loan debt exceeding $15,000 must submit a Request for Unsubsidized Loan form to the Financial Aid Office before an Unsubsidized Loan can be awarded.
  • The form can be found on our forms page.

College of Eastern Idaho, 208.524.3000, 1600 S 25th E, Idaho Falls, ID 83404

Student Right To Know

2019 All Rights Reserved, AA/EEO Institution